energy books for kids, fun facts, facts for kids, science facts for kids, back to school books for kids, back to school, nonfiction books for kids 6-8, 1st grade books, 2nd grade books, books for 3rd graders, books for 2nd graders, books for 1st graders, electricity for kids, dk findout, science for kids, electricity books for kids, electricity book, science books for kids, science books, dk books, books for kids 5-7, books for 9 year olds, books for 8 year
From light and heat to magnetism and electricity, explore energy with this children’s book full of photographs and illustrations, fascinating facts, and engaging challenges—from the creators of DKfindout.com, DK’s free online resource for kids.
Did you know that lighting can be more than five times hotter than the surface of the sun? Or that the world’s most powerful wind turbine has blades longer than nine buses? Find out why!
Perfect for energetic young scientists who want a highly visual STEM book to increase their science know-how, DK findout! Energy is sure to inspire the next amazing science fair project or school report. Inside, author Emily Dodd breaks down what energy is and why it's so important.
With this DK findout! book, you will:
- Learn about the different types of energy, including kinetic energy, potential energy, and chemical energy
- Read about the discoveries of brilliant scientists such as Isaac Newton, Benjamin Franklin, and Marie Curie
- See how sound energy travels, how conductors and insulators work, and how electricity flows through a circuit
- Watch the chemical explosion that occurs when a firework is lit
- Discover renewable energy sources and ways we can conserve, or save, energy
- Hear from real-life scientist Dr. Canan Dagdeviren at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- and find out much, much more!
The DK findout! series of kids books helps children become experts on their favorite nonfiction subjects, from dinosaurs and ancient civilizations to space, coding, and cutting-edge technology. Learn more about science—and everything else—at www.dkfindout.com, the award-winning free educational website.
Metadado adicionado por DK (Dorling Kindersley) em 02/05/2021
Áreas do selo: Humanidades
DK | Para mentes curiosas Acreditamos na magia da descoberta. Por isso, criamos livros que exploram ideias e despertam a curiosidade sobre o nosso mundo. Das primeiras palavras ao Big Bang, dos mistérios da natureza aos segredos de cidades, encontre em nossos livros o conhecimento dos maiores experts, horas de diversão e inspiração inesgotável. O estilo visual único dos livros da DK torna mais fácil e prazeroso satisfazer sua curiosidade. Os títulos deste selo estão disponíveis para encomenda a partir do nosso armazém nos Estados Unidos.