books for 7 year old boys, science facts for kids, facts for kids, fun facts, back to school books for kids, back to school, dk findout, engineering for kids, science, stem books for kids 5-7, science books for kids 5-7, science facts, engineering books for kids, engineering books, engineering, STEM books for kids, STEM books, dk books, books for third grade, books for second grade, books for first grade, books for 9 year olds, books for 8 year olds, books for 7 year
Discover the STEM subject of engineering with this children’s book full of photographs and illustrations, fascinating facts, and engaging challenges—from the creators of DKfindout.com, DK’s free online resource for kids.
Did you know that engineers designed and built the Pyramids and the iPad? Or that the world’s largest jumbo jet can carry 853 passengers? Find out how!
Perfect for budding engineers who want a highly visual STEM book to increase their engineering know-how, DK findout! Engineering is sure to inspire the next science fair project or school report. Inside, author Dr. Emily Hunt breaks down what engineering is and how it changes our world.
With this DK findout! book, you will:
- See how concepts such as levers, wheels and axles, and pulleys work
- Read about great engineers in history, such as Leonardo da Vinci, Alexander Graham Bell, and Yoky Matsuoka
- Explore steam engines, rocket technology, robotics, flying machines, bridges, and buildings
- Learn about the history and exciting future of engineering
- Hear from real-life engineer and maker Dr. Lucy Rogers about what it’s like to be an engineer today
- Fold out the cover for an engineering quiz, timeline, and careers guide
- and find out much, much more!
The DK findout! series of kids books helps children become experts on their favorite nonfiction subjects, from dinosaurs and ancient civilizations to space, coding, and cutting-edge technology. Learn more about engineering—and everything else—at www.dkfindout.com, the award-winning free educational website.
Metadado adicionado por DK (Dorling Kindersley) em 23/04/2021
Áreas do selo: Humanidades
DK | Para mentes curiosas Acreditamos na magia da descoberta. Por isso, criamos livros que exploram ideias e despertam a curiosidade sobre o nosso mundo. Das primeiras palavras ao Big Bang, dos mistérios da natureza aos segredos de cidades, encontre em nossos livros o conhecimento dos maiores experts, horas de diversão e inspiração inesgotável. O estilo visual único dos livros da DK torna mais fácil e prazeroso satisfazer sua curiosidade. Os títulos deste selo estão disponíveis para encomenda a partir do nosso armazém nos Estados Unidos.