hand to hand combat, self help, personal growth, combat books, survival, self defense, training, martial arts, self defense techniques, fitness books, krav maga, health, health and fitness, fitness, motivational books, wellness, health and wellness, self help books, strength training, self improvement books, happiness, motivation, sports books, self development books, sports, medical books, health books, workout, personal growth books, sport, tai chi, stretching, exercise
Krav Maga, which means “contact combat” in Hebrew, is an easy-to-understand/remember aggressive system of self-defense. Idiot’s Guides®: Krav Maga will not only define what it is, but also review the principles and systems of techniques and training to ensure survival. Combining in-depth information and easy-to-understand illustrated instructions, this guide will be a wonderful tool to help train both men and women on how to protect themselves, deal with threatening situations, and reverse dangerous situations where they’re at a disadvantage.
Idiot’s Guides®: Krav Maga covers:
- The origination of Krav Maga: its history, birthplace, philosophy, and why it was created.
- The core essentials of Krav Maga’s theory and practice.
- A review of how to condition the body and mind to outside threats and violence.
- An understanding of not only the physical aspect of Krav Maga, but how it is part of the bigger picture of personal protection.
- The thought process of the attacker and how to avoid potentially dangerous situations, if possible.
- How Krav Maga differs from martial arts, primarily in terms of not following handed down fighting rules and techniques.
- A breakdown of the belts in Krav Maga (yellow, orange, green, blue, brown, black), what it takes to attain them, and the differences between them.
- Step-by-step illustrated directions on the popular stances, positions, movements, kick/punch strikes, falls, joint locks, deflections, and techniques from the basics to advanced moves.
- How to use body weight, your most powerful muscles, and momentum to defeat an attacker.
- Instruction on protecting the body and weapons defense, in addition to mastering escapes.
Metadado adicionado por DK (Dorling Kindersley) em 24/08/2021